THE PRIMIE MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, May 7, 2018
Approving the One Commune One Product program in the 2018-2020 period
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the June 19, 2015 Law on the Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 1600/QD-TTg of August 16, 2016, approving the national target program on building a new countryside in the 2016-2020 period;
Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 1760/QD-TTg of November 10, 2017, amending and supplementing the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 1600/QD-TTg of August 16, 2016, approving the national target program on building a new countryside in the 2016-2020 period;
Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 414/QD-TTg of April 4, 2017, promulgating a plan to implement the National Assembly’s Resolution No. 32/2016/QH14 of November 23, 2016, on further raising the effectiveness and efficiency of implementation of the national target program on building a new countryside associated with agriculture restructuring;
At the proposal of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development,
Article 1. To approve the One Commune One Product program in the 2018-2020 period (below referred to as OCOP program) with the following principal contents:
The OCOP program is a program on economic development in rural areas toward developing internal strength and increasing values; and provides solutions and tasks for implementing the national target program on building a new countryside. The OCOP program will center on developing advantageous agricultural and non-agricultural products and services of each locality according to value chains, which will be carried out by the private economic sector (enterprises and production households) and collective economic sector.
The State will play a facilitating role, promulgate legal frameworks and policies for implementation; set orientations for the planning of commodity production and service areas; manage and supervise product quality standards; and support the training, technical guidance, science and technology application, brand building, trade promotion, product advertising and credit extension.
a/ Overall objectives:
- To develop forms of production and business organization (with priority given to cooperatives and small- and medium-sized enterprises) to produce advantageous traditional products and services that meet required standards and are competitive at home and abroad, contributing to rural economic development;
- To contribute to economic restructuring, improving people’s incomes and livelihoods and effectively satisfying the group of criteria on “economy and organization of production” in the national set of criteria for new-style rural communes;
- Production development in rural areas will contribute to agricultural and rural industrialization and modernization; promoting rational rural labor restructuring (limiting migration to cities), protecting the environment and preserving the fine traditional values of rural Vietnam.
b/ Specific objectives:
- To put into place a synchronous OCOP program management system from central to local (provincial, district and commune) levels;
- To issue a set of criteria and processes for product evaluation and rating;
- To adopt and implement synchronous policies to effectively implement the OCOP program nationwide;
- To standardize at least 50% of the total existing products or around 2,400 products; to strengthen and improve the organization of production toward building partnership between production households and cooperatives and enterprises;
- To build 8-10 culture and tourism village models;
- To build OCOP product design, innovation and development centers associated with product advertising and introduction in areas where conditions permit;
- To strengthen all enterprises and cooperatives participating in the OCOP program;
- To strive to develop an addition of around 500 small- and medium-sized enterprises, and cooperatives participating in the OCOP program;
- To step up OCOP product trade promotion and advertising programs;
- To provide training in production and business management knowledge for around 1,200 state management officials (at central, provincial and district levels) engaged in implementing the OCOP program and all managers of enterprises and cooperatives and heads of registered production households participating in the OCOP program.
3. Scope, subjects and principles of implementation
a/ Scope of implementation
- Geographical area: The OCOP program will be carried out in all rural areas nationwide; local authorities are encouraged to implement the program in urban areas in an appropriate manner, depending on their actual situation.
- Duration: The OCOP program will be implemented from 2018 to 2020.
b/ Subjects of implementation
- Products: Local or domesticated commodity and service products, especially regional specialties, which are produced or provided based on tapping comparative advantages in local ecological conditions, culture, genetic resources, knowledge and technologies.
Click download to see the full text