THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, January 26, 2021
On the promulgation of the National Strategy on Research, Development and Application of Artificial Intelligence through 2030
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated June 19, 2015; the Law amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Law on Organization of the Government and the Law on Organization of Local Administration;
Pursuant to the Law on High Technology dated November 13, 2008;
Pursuant to the Government's Resolution No. 50/NQ-CP dated April 17, 2020 on the promulgation of the Government's Action Program to implement the Politburo's Resolution No. 52-NQ/TW dated September 27, 2019 on a number of undertakings and policies to actively participate in the Fourth Industrial Revolution;
At the proposal of the Minister of Science and Technology,
Article 1. To promulgate the National Strategy on Research, Development and Application of Artificial Intelligence through 2030 (hereinafter referred to as the Strategy) with the following contents:
I. STANDPOINTS AND DIRECTIONS
1. Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a cornerstone technological field of the Fourth Industrial Revolution which makes an important contribution to creating breakthroughs in production capacity, improving national competitiveness, and promoting sustainable economic growth.
2. To inherit and promote the latest human achievements, to research, develop and apply AI in association with the tasks and goals of socio-economic development, national defense and security protection, and science and technology development; to bring into full play the potentials of enterprises and effectively exploit all resources; to step by step receive technology transfer, to master technologies, and make attempts to create new technologies.
3. To direct resources to creating and developing important AI products and services of which Vietnam has competitive advantages; to consider investments in AI application in a number of fields related to defense and security, natural resource management, environment and public services; to strongly develop AI-applied enterprises and AI startups.
To promote research, development, and application of AI, making AI become an important technological field of Vietnam in the Fourth Industrial Revolution. By 2030, Vietnam will become an innovation hub which develops AI solutions and applications for the ASEAN region and the world.
1. Objectives to be achieved by 2025
a) To make AI an important technological field of Vietnam
- Vietnam will be among the top 5 countries in the ASEAN region and in the group of 60 leading countries in the world regarding AI research, development and application;
- To build 05 prestigious AI brands in the region;
- To develop 01 national center for large data storage and high-performance computing.
Click download to see the full text