THE PRIME MINISTER
Decision No. 1831/QD-TTg of October 9, 2013, approving the master plan on socio-economic development of Bac Ninh province through 2020, with orientations toward 2030
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the Government s Decree No. 92/2006/ND-CP of September 7, 2006, on the formulation, approval and management of socio-economic development master plans; and Decree No. 04/2008/ND-CP of January 11, 2008, amending and supplementing a number of articles of Decree No. 92/2006/ND-CP;
At the proposal of the chairperson of the People’s Committee of Bac Ninh province,
Article 1: To approve the master plan on socio-economic development of Bac Ninh province through 2020, with orientations toward 2030, with the following principal contents:
I. DEVELOPMENT VIEWPOINTS
1. The master plan on socio-economic development of Bac Ninh province through 2020, with orientations toward 2030 must conform to the national socio-economic development strategy, the master plans on socio-economic development in the Red river delta and the northern key economic region and the master plan on construction of the Hanoi region, and ensure consistency and synchronicity with sectoral master plans.
2. To bring into the fullest play the potential and advantages of its gateway position and human resources for fast and sustainable socio-economic development; to intensively develop highly competitive sectors; to focus investment on and attract human resources for the development of industries with strengths associated with goods production chains in the context of international economic integration; to strive to become a province with an important position in the Red River delta region’s economy.
3. To combine economic development with realizing social progress and equity, gradually improve local people’s life quality; to synchronously develop healthcare, culture, education and training; to step up the application of science and technology to production; to preserve and promote the values of cultural and historical relics associated with developing efficient and sustainable tourism.
4. To closely combine economic development with ensuring political security and social order and safety; to firmly maintain defense and security; and to attach importance to environmental protection.
II. DEVELOPMENT OBJECTIVES
1. Overall objectives
To build Bac Ninh into a province with sustainable and harmonious development between urban and rural areas and a modem and synchronous infrastructure in which Bac Ninh urban center reach grade-I urban center standard; comprehensive healthcare, culture, education and training development, higher human resource quality and incessantly improved local people’s spiritual and material lives and assured eco-environment, political security, defense and social order and safety. By 2015, Bac Ninh will basically become a modernity-oriented industrial province and have all necessary technical infrastructural conditions for becoming a centrally run city in the 2020s.
2. Specific objectives:
a/ Economic targets:
- To attain an annual average economic growth rate of around 10.5% in the 2011-2030 period, including 13% to 2015,11.5% in the 2016-2020 period, and 9% in the 2021-2030 period; the society’s total investment capital will make up 33-35% of GDP in the 2011-2030 period.
- The average per-capita GDP income will reach VND 146.2 million (around USD 6,560) by 2020; the proportions of industries, services and agriculture will be 73.2%, 23%, and 3.8%, respectively, of the province’s GDP; the total export value will reach around USD 20 billion; and the province’s budget revenues will record an average increase of 12%.
- Orientations toward 2030: The average per-capita GDP income will reach VND 346.7 million (around USD 14,450); the proportions of industries, services and agriculture will reach 58.2%, 40%, and 1.8%, respectively, of the province’s GDP; the total export value will reach around USD 30 billion; and the province’s budget revenues will record an average increase of 10%.
b/ Social targets:
By 2020, the population will be around 1.21 million; the unemployment rate in urban areas will drop to 2.5%; the urbanization will be 44.2%; the rate of trained workforce will be 83%; the ratio of doctors and hospital beds will be 8 and 26 per 10,000 people; the malnutrition rate of under-five children will be below 13%; there will be basically no poor households; the average life expectancy will be more than 80 years. Telecommunications infrastructure will be modem and synchronous with an Internet subscription rate of at least 48-50%.
- Orientations toward 2030: The population will be around 1.44 million, the urbanization rate will be 59.6%, the rate of trained workforce will be more than 95%, and the malnutrition rate of under-five children will be below 5%. The electricity network will be modernized to ensure efficient and safe operation (the entire electricity wire system in central urban areas and townships will be put underground). The Internet subscription rate will be more than 80%. The modern and synchronous water supply and drainage system will supply clean water to both urban and rural areas.
c/ Environmental targets:
- To ensure harmony between economic development and environmental protection. To protect, exploit and rationally and efficiently use natural resources and landscapes and urban, cultural, tourist, industrial and eco-agricultural space toward sustainable, green, clean and beautiful development; to basically settle pollution in craft villages and form green belts, especially in urban areas.
- By 2020: All urban population and 95% of rural population will have access to hygienic water; a complete garbage and waste treatment system (including solid waste, wastewater and air) will be built and all urban centers, industrial parks and clusters and traditional craft villages will have standard centralized wastewater treatment systems; 100% of medical waste will be collected and treated.
Click download to view full text