THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
Resolution No. 69/2018/QH14 of the National Assembly on the 2019 socio-economic development plan
Pursuant to the Constitution of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam;
After considering reports of the Government, Supreme People’s Court, Supreme People’s Procuracy, agencies of the National Assembly and concerned agencies, and opinions of National Assembly deputies;
Article 1. Overall objectives
To further stabilize the macro-economy, control inflation, increase productivity, quality, efficiency, autonomy and competitiveness of the economy. To concentrate on improving the investment and business environment and boosting the economic growth; to create a more practical progress in the realization of strategic breakthroughs and economic restructuring associated with the renewal of the growth model; to step up innovative reform and application of scientific and technological advances and effectively take advantage of the fourth industrial revolution. To attach importance to the development of health care, education, training, culture, social affairs, assurance of social security, improvement of material and spiritual living standards of the people. To enhance the management of natural resources, environmental protection, prevention and control of natural disasters and response to climate change. To step up the administrative reform, judicial reform, streamlining of state apparatus and payrolls; to restructure the pool of civil servants and public employees, improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the directive and administrative work and law enforcement; to resolutely prevent and combat corruption; to practice thrift and combat wastefulness. To consolidate national defense and security; to ensure social order and safety. To raise the effectiveness of external relations and international integration.
Article 2. Major targets
- Gross domestic product growth rate: 6.6-6.8%;
- Consumer price index: around 4%;
- Total export turnover growth rate: 7-8%;
- Ratio of trade deficit to total export turnover: Under 3%;
- Total investment capital of the entire society: 33-34% of GDP;
- Reduction rate of the poor household percentage (according to the multi-dimensional poverty index): 1-1.5%. Particularly for poor districts: 4%.
- Unemployment rate in urban areas: Under 4%;
- Percentage of trained employees: 60-62%, of whom those possessing a diploma or certificate: 24-24.5%;
- Number of patient beds per 10,000 people (excluding beds in commune health stations): 27;
- Percentage of population covered by health insurance: 88.1%;
- Percentage of operating industrial parks and export processing zones having facilities for concentrated treatment of wastewater up to the environmental standards: 89%;
- Forest coverage rate: 41.85%.
Article 3. Major tasks and solutions
The National Assembly basically agrees with the tasks and solutions proposed by the Government, Supreme People’s Court and Supreme People’s Procuracy and recommended by its agencies in the verification reports and specialized oversight reports. The National Assembly requests state agencies to properly fulfill requirements and tasks and implement the solutions put forward in Conclusion No. 37-KL/TW dated October 17, 2018, of the 8th plenum of the Communist Party of Vietnam Central Committee (the 12th Congress) on the 2018 socio-economic situation and state budget; and 2019 socio-economic development plan and state budget estimates, and at the same time request them to concentrate efforts on performing the following major tasks and implementing the following major solutions:
1. Building the capacity, taking the initiative in analyzing, forecasting and closely monitoring unfavorable international and domestic developments in order to adopt appropriate and timely counter-tactics; executing the monetary policies in a proactive, flexible and prudential manner and in combination with other macroeconomic policies in order to continue stabilizing the macro economy and control inflation; managing interest rates and exchange rates in a flexible manner to suit market developments and management requirements; adjusting public service charge rates according to an appropriate schedule while avoiding adverse impacts on the consumer price index; strictly controlling the quality of imported goods and equipment with appropriate technical barriers; striving for a sustainable trade balance; strongly improving the investment and business environment and raising the competitiveness of the economy.
2. Realizing strategic breakthroughs in a comprehensive and willful manner; staying steadfast in considering the objective of institutional reform as an important breakthrough, focusing on the review and improvement of mechanisms and policies aimed at creating a more radical progress in all sectors and fields, particularly those applying high technologies; synchronously developing the system of infrastructure facilities, particularly traffic and information technology infrastructure; accelerating the implementation of the
Click download to see the full text