THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, February 04, 2021
On the promulgation of the strategy for development and application of space science and technology through 2030
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated June 19, 2015; the Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Law on Organization of the Government and the Law on Organization of Local Administration dated November 22, 2019;
Pursuant to the Law on High Technology dated November 13, 2008;
Pursuant to the Law on Science and Technology dated June 18, 2013;
At the proposal of the Minister of Science and Technology,
Article 1. To promulgate the Strategy for development and application of space science and technology through 2030 (hereinafter referred to as the Strategy) with the following contents:
1. The development and application of space science and technology is an urgent need in order to proactively ready sources and ensure safety and reliability of satellite data, thereby helping to safeguard independence, sovereignty, unity, and territorial integrity, improve scientific and technological potentials, promote socio-economic development and ensure other national interests; which is in conformity with the United Nations' sustainable development objectives and in rational association with other National Strategies.
2. Investment in the development and application of space science and technology is a continuous and long-term process of inheriting and optimizing the achievements of the Strategy through 2020 and the most recent advances of mankind; promoting socialization, improving enterprises’ potentials, and effectively exploiting all shared resources; gradually mastering and proceeding to create new technologies.
3. The development of space science and technology is the driving force for research, mastery, development, and application of high technologies in the fields of information technology and communication, automation, and new material development, biology, mechatronics, precision engineering, and new technologies that are driving development globally.
1. Overall objectives
To widely apply achievements of space science and technology; selectively invest in some areas related to national defense, security, and management of natural resources and the environment, monitor and support the mitigation of damages caused by natural disasters, provide diverse services for citizens; improve the country’s scientific and technological capacity, thereby helping to safeguard independence, sovereignty, unity, and territorial integrity, promote the development of all socio-economic aspects, and ensure other national interests.
2. Specific objectives
a) Regarding the key areas for investment:
- To master technologies for designing, producing, and integrating optical sensors and radars in Earth observation satellites; assemble, integrate, and examine small satellites with high and ultra-high resolution in the country;
- To master technologies for designing and manufacturing terminal devices, earth stations controlling and collecting satellite data, along with transponders for telecommunication satellites;
- To ensure the capacity of effective transmission via satellite, especially in order to satisfy the demands of remote, border and island areas, fulfill the tasks of protecting sovereignty and national security;
- To develop Vietnam’s positioning and navigation capacity and reduce its dependence on existing global positioning systems;
- To use hot air balloons and aircraft which can operate in the stratosphere for scientific research, measurement, atmospheric exploration, and tourism service development.
Click download to see the full text