THE PRIME MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, July 10, 2006
APPROVING THE MASTER PLAN ON SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF DAK NONG PROVINCE UP TO 2020
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
At the proposal of the People's Committee of Dak Nong province in Report No. 1697/TTr-UBND of August 31, 2005, and Report No. 26/TTr-UBND of January 6, 2006;
At the proposal of the Planning and Investment Ministry in Official Letter No. 1533/BKH-TD&GSDT of March 10, 2006, on the master plan on socio-economic development of Dak Nong province up to 2020,
Article 1.- To approve the master plan on socio-economic development of Dak Nong province up to 2020, with the following principal contents:
I. DEVELOPMENT VIEWPOINTS
The master plan on socio-economic development of Dak Nong province up to 2020 shall conform with the national socio-economic development strategy; ensure the relationship between economic growth and proper settlement of social problems, especially hunger eradication and poverty reduction, assurance of social justice and national unity; between production development and outlet expansion; between economic development and security and defense maintenance; and between sustainable development and environmental protection.
To speed up economic growth and economic restructuring toward industrialization and modernization, to raise product quality and commodity proportion; to raise the economy's quality, efficiency and competitiveness. To strive to raise the province's average per-capita income to the average levels of the Central Highlands and the whole country.
To encourage all economic sectors to develop production and business, mobilize to the utmost internal resources and attract external resources.
To invest in comprehensively developing and basically completing the important socio-economic infrastructures in the province in the planned period.
To raise the quality of human resources. To develop education, elevate the people's intellectual standards, and intensify professional, technical and job training for laborers.
II. MAJOR DEVELOPMENT OBJECTIVES
- To strive for the average annual GDP growth rate of 15.63% in the 2006-2010 period (of which industry-construction will grow 45.22%; agriculture, 5.67% and service, 17%); 16% in the 2011-2015 period (of which industry-construction will grow 25%; agriculture, 5.0% and service, 17.66%); and 15.6% in the 2016-2020 period (of which industry-construction will grow 20%; agriculture, 4.5% and service, 15.68%).
- The economy shall be vigorously restructured in the direction of increasing the industry and service ratio. By 2015, the province's economic structure shall be industry-service-agriculture and forestry. The ratio of industry in GDP shall increase from 17.8% in 2005 to 48.6% by 2010, 60.3% by 2015 and 66.3% by 2020. The service ratio shall reach 22.5% by 2010, 22.8% by 2015 and 23.8% by 2020. The agriculture ratio in GDP shall be 28.9% by 2010, 16.9% by 2015 and around 9.9% by 2020.
- Average per-capita GDP shall reach VND 14.3 million by 2010, VND 30.4 million by 2015 and VND 66 million by 2020. The per-capita GDP gap between the province and the whole country shall be narrowed down with the province's per-capita GDP equal to 58% of that of the whole country in 2005, 90% by 2010 and 163% by 2020.
- The natural population growth rate shall drop to 1.7% by 2010 and 1.1-1.2% by 2020. The urban population shall account for 25% by 2010, 28% by 2015 and 36% by 2020 of the province's total population.
- The rate of poor households shall be reduced to 15-16% by 2010 and equal to the national average by 2020. To bring the rate of poor households in ethnic minority areas down to the province's average.
- By 2010, to reduce the rate of malnourished children to 22%; 85% of the population shall have access to clean water and every 10,000 people shall have 6 medical doctors. By 2020, the rate of malnourished children shall drop to 10%, 100% of the population shall have access to clean water and every 10,000 people shall have 8 medical doctors.
- By 2010, to complete the universalization of lower secondary education, 30% of school-age children shall be enrolled in higher secondary schools and 50% of primary schools shall attain national standards. By 2020, 75% of school-age children shall be enrolled in higher secondary schools and 80% of primary schools shall attain national standards.
- By 2010, 80% of the families; 60% of the villages and hamlets; 90% of the agencies and units and 30% of the communes, wards and townships shall meet the cultural standards. By 2020, 100% of the families, 80% of the villages and hamlets, 100% of the agencies and units, and 60% of the communes, wards and townships shall meet the cultural standards.
- To consolidate the defense system, continue building and consolidating the all-people defense and the people's security disposition, ensure the social order and safety, and uphold the socialist legislation.
Click Download to see full text