4 new changes in foreigner’s visa from July 01, 2020
The National Assembly has just passed the Law on amending, supplementing the Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through and residence in Vietnam, which shall take effect on July 01, 2020. There are many new changes in foreigner’s visas.
1. To issue general visas for tourists by sea
In previous regulations, the Article 7 off the Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through and residence in Vietnam 2014, the only case to issue common visa: Under-14-children are allowed to share passports with their parents or guardians.
In accordance with the new Law, there are two more cases allowed to share passports, includes:
- To grant visa in accordance the immigration authority’s approval list of foreigners who travel or transit by sea, have demands on tourism under the programs of the international tourism enterprises in Vietnam;
- Members of foreign military ships under the tour’s formal program outside the location that ships anchor.
2. Visa’s status can be changed
The new regulations have been easing on the status conversion of visas by adding 04 more regulations on changing visa’s status, including:
- Having proof of being an investor or a representative of foreign organizations have investments in Vietnam in accordance with Vietnam’s legal regulations;
- Having proof of having relationships as father, mother, wife or husband of the Entities that invite or sponsor;
- Being invited or guaranteed by agencies or organizations and having permits or certifications of not being subjected to work permits under the labor laws.
- Entry by electronic visas and having work permit or certification of not being subjected to work permits under the labor laws.
The new visa shall be issued with new sign and time duration that is suitable with the purpose of conversion.
4 new changes in foreigner’s visa from July 01, 2020 (Picture)
3. Visa can be issue by electronic mode
Visa can be issued with passport or separately in previous regulations. Electronic transaction is the new mode prescribed at Article 7 of this Law. Visa which is issued by electronic mode is e-visa.
4. Immigration in coastal economic zones eligible for visa exemption
In Article 12 of the Law 2014, 03 cases eligible for visa exemption: Treaties to which Vietnam is a contracting party; Holders of permanent residence cards or temporary residence cards in accordance this Law; Persons who enter border-gate economic zones or special administrative- economic units.
Coastal economic zones is the new cases for visa exemption in the Law 2019 with the conditions:
- Having international airport;
- Having separate space;
- Having geographical boundaries isolated from the mainland;
- Being suitable with the social – economic development polies and have no harms to national defense, national security, social order and security of Vietnam.
>> Subscribe LuatVietnam’s services to refer thousands of English translations of legal documents
Để được giải đáp thắc mắc, vui lòng gọi
1900.6199 hoặc gửi câu hỏi tại đây
Đăng ký Kênh Youtube LuatVietnam
Để xem chính sách mới tại đây
- Highlights: New conditions of exit and entry for foreigners (20/12/2019 14:16)
- Increase in region-based minimum wage 2020: 3 must-to-do tasks for enterprises (19/12/2019 11:00)
- 10 new highlights of the Labor Code 2019 (16/12/2019 10:08)
- Increase the ratio of short-term capital sources used as medium- and long-term loans (12/12/2019 11:00)
- Compulsory social insurance payment in 2020 (11/12/2019 11:00)
- In Vietnam: what should the foreigners do to establish the charity funds? (10/12/2019 13:30)